Will be Announced on a Later Date
- Origin of Antiphospholipid Antibodies
- Genetics of Antiphospholipid Antibodies/Syndrome
- Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-mediated Thrombosis
- Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-mediated Pregnancy Morbidity
- Target Cells and Receptors that Interact with Antiphospholipid Antibodies
- Definition, Epidemiology, and Natural History of Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Impact of Antiphospholipid Syndrome in General Population with Thrombosis and Pregnancy Morbidity
- Association with Antiphospholipid Syndrome and Other Systemic Autoimmune Diseases (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Microangiopathic and Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Impact of Pediatric APS in Children with Thrombosis
- Clinical and Prognostic Significance of “Criteria” and “Non-criteria” Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests
- Strengths and Limitations of the Current Classification Criteria
- Disease Measurement Criteria in Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Most Recent Strategies in the Treatment of Thrombosis in General Population
- Current Treatment strategies for Non-obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Current Treatment strategies for Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome Treatment Trends (Ongoing and Planned Interventional Studies with New Generation Oral Anticoagulants, B-cell inhibition, Complement Inhibition, Hydroxychloroquine, Statins, Peptide Therapy, and others)
- Antiphospholipid Antibodies, Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS), and Obstetric APS for Patients
Selected SessionsThe Scientific Planning Committee will chair sessions on their areas of expertise. The meeting will produce a state-of-the-art APS book, entitled “APS – Current Research Highlights and Clinical Insights” to be published in early 2017. Selected sessions include:
|HISTORY OF ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME
Overview of the Last 31 years and 15 International Congresses on Antiphospholipid Antibodies
Chairs: Michael D Lockshin, Nigel E. Harris
BASIC SCIENCE ASPECTS OF ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME
What are the Natural Proteins Involved in Antiphospholipid Syndrome?
Chairs: Philip G. de Groot, Steve Krilis
What is the Origin of Antiphospholipid Antibodies?
Chairs: Rohan Willis, Joyce Rauch
What is the Genetics of Antiphospholipid Antibodies/Syndrome?
Chair: Thomas Ortel
What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-mediated Thrombosis?
Chairs: Rohan Willis, Philip G. de Groot, Steve Krilis
What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-mediated Pregnancy Morbidity?
Chairs: Vikki Abrahams, Jane Salmon
CLINICAL & DIAGNOSTIC ASPECTS OF ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME
What are the Definition, Epidemiology, and Natural History of Antiphospholipid Syndrome?
Chairs: Stephane Zuily, Roger A. Levy, Denis Wahl, Michael Lockshin
What are Microangiopathic and Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome?
Chairs: Gerard Espinosa, Ricard Cervera
What are the Clinical and Prognostic Significance of “Criteria” and “Non-criteria” Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests?
Chair: Laura Bertolaccini
What are the Disease and Risk Measurement Criteria in Antiphospholipid Syndrome?
Chair: Mary-Carmen Amigo
|THERAPEUTIC ASPECTS OF ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME
Prevention & Treatment of Thrombotic Antiphospholipid Syndrome
Chairs: Guillermo Ruiz-Irastorza, Mark Crowther
Prevention & Treatment of Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome
Chairs: Ware Branch, Guilherme de Jesus
Treatment of Non-Criteria Manifestations and/or Difficult Clinical Situations in Antiphospholipid Syndrome
Chair: Danieli Andrade, Renata Rosa
Antiphospholipid Syndrome Alliance for Clinical Trials and International Networking (APS ACTION) Update
Chair: Doruk Erkan
15th INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODIES TASK FORCE REPORTS
Task Force Report on Antiphospholipid Syndrome Diagnostic and Classification Criteria
Chairs: Doruk Erkan, Medha Barbhaiya, Karen Costenbader
Task Force Report on Pediatric Antiphospholipid Syndrome
Chairs: Barry Myones, Tadej Avcin
Task Force on Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome
Chairs: Ricard Cervera, Gerard Espinosa
Task Force Report on Antiphospholipid Syndrome Treatment Trends (Ongoing and Planned Interventional Studies)
Chairs: Danieli Andrade, Maria G. Tektonidou
ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME FOR PATIENTS
What Should Patients Know About Antiphospholipid Antibodies and Antiphospholipid Syndrome?
Chairs: Doruk Erkan, Michael Lockshin
What Should Patients Know About Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome?
Chairs: Lisa Sammaritano, Roger A. Levy